Saturday 6 June 2015

Neymar: I used to play as Buffon on my Playstation

1475222_hp



The Brazilian believes the Italy international is one of the greatest goalkeepers in history but is desperate to realise his European Cup "dream".
Barcelona forward Neymar has revealed he used to play as Gianluigi Buffon on his Playstation ahead of Saturday's Champions League final against Juventus.
The Brazilian has combined with Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez for 120 goals already this season and the 23-year-old is confident they can fire the Blaugrana to victory in Berlin.
However, Neymar admits they will have their work cut out in beating Buffon.
"Leo and Luis are two extraordinary players, with extremely high quality," the Selecao skipper told reporters on Friday. "The main factor is our friendship on and off the field - we're very good friends and that helps a lot.
"I hope we can finish our season, come out of the stadium feeling very happy after all the hard work we've done this season with the team. I'm quite confident we can be victorious.
"But Juventus are a great team, a fantastic team - that's why they're in the final. We know it's going to be a great, but very difficult match, particularly as Buffon is a great goalkeeper, one of the best in football's history.
"I used to use my Playstation to play as him! I'm a great fan - but I would love to score a goal against him."
Indeed, Neymar, who joined Barca from Santos two years ago, says he has been waiting his whole life for the chance to play on the biggest stage in club football.
"The trophy is closer and closer," the striker added. "It's a final I've dreamed so much about - this is the best moment of my life. I hope that I can kiss the trophy tomorrow.
"
I've played many finals but this is the most important one in my career to date. It's the most important match in my life and that's why I'm going to give me very best. It's been my dream since I was a child and I hope I'm going to enjoy the match.
"This is a dream, a childhood dream - I've been waiting for this since I was six or seven years old. Now the time has come and I hope to enjoy this dream along with my team - to win a Champions League final."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your view about this post and your comments will be appreciated

Follow Us

Twitter Facebook RSS

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *