Friday 19 June 2015

Galatasaray rule out Van Persie bid

1471342_hp



The Manchester United striker has been linked with a number of clubs this summer, including the Turkish champions, but they have now said they will not pursue his signature.

Galatasaray have ruled out a move for Manchester United striker Robin van Persie.

Gala head coach Hamza Hamzaoglu revealed on Wednesday that the club were hoping to reach a deal with Van Persie, who has also been the subject of an enquiry from Real Madrid, but has now revealed that such a deal is unlikely.

Lazio have also rejected rumours of a bid for the 31-year-old- insisting he is 'outside of their parameters' - and Galatasaray are the latest to pull the plug on a potential bid.

"Robin van Persie is not on our agenda," Hamzaoglu told Sport 3. "The costs are very high. This year, we will be a little more careful."

Van Persie has previously outlined his intention to remain at Old Trafford and fight for his place next season.

"In August, I'm 32. But I still have the ambition to play for another eight years. In a few years' time I may have to accept that I will no longer play at the very highest level. I don't think that moment is coming now. I still feel very, very fit," he told reporters earlier this week.

"Playing in the first team is very important for me. This is why I will probably step down one level when I am 36 or 37. But not now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your view about this post and your comments will be appreciated

Follow Us

Twitter Facebook RSS

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *